Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby MBK is punctual!

My girlfriend L had her sweet baby girl Friday evening!  MBK was right on time, one of those extremely rare babies who decided to show up on her actual due date:-P

When I woke up Friday morning to the news that L was in labor I spent the entire day checking my phone and facebook constantly for updates awaiting the happy news.  I was so elated to get a call from L soon after MB's arrival to hear how absolutely perfect the little princess is.  And we were so overjoyed to get to meet little miss MB yesterday when we visited them at the hospital.  Of course you wouldn't know it was the hospital because lil miss was all decked out in her precious monogramed attire without a stitch of standard hospital attire in sight.  But we didn't expect any different from a little princess like MB!

The greatest part for me (other than getting to hold sweet baby girl) was to see the transformation in my dear friend L. I haven't had many friends that I've known (and been around- thanks Navy...) before, during, and after pregnancy.  So watching L go from woman to mother was amazing.  And being a new mom myself, it brought back memories of my own recent transformation that was only 10 short months ago but somehow feels like a lifetime ago.  The instant you meet your baby for the first time it's like your life has a whole new meaning and purpose.  Your responsibility doubles from taking care of yourself to caring for a helpless new little human.  And your heart fills with more love than you ever thought possible.  I could hear it the moment I picked up the phone when L called after MB's birth that she is different, forever changed, she is a mother.

Congrats L and J on your sweet baby girl!  And thank you for letting us share in the joy of her arrival!

(the cutest "happy birthday" sign L made for MB)

No comments: