Friday, October 9, 2015

So what exactly is a "fitness coach?"

A decade ago a kickboxing instructor invited me to come to cycling class with her. I went and was by far the youngest person in the dark room packed full of bikes and blaring with loud "motivating" beats. I was in my early twenties and as a certified gym addict, I was in good shape, but after about 15 minutes of cycling torture I thought for sure I was going to die and meet Jesus right there. Either that or I was going to fall off the bike and embarrass myself completely because I could barely feel my legs anymore {think epidural if you have ever given birth}. I wanted out of that class so freakin bad! Except when I looked around and saw all these "old" ladies {back then I thought 30 was old, ok?!} spinning their little hearts out, and knew I would have to see my kickboxing instructor again the next day in class, I kept my little tushy glued to that seat and willed myself not to die. That was the beginning of a long love affair with group cycling for me.

I see my job as a fitness coach to be similar to what my kickboxing instructor did for me by introducing me to cycling. She encouraged me to try it and motivated me to get through the hardest part by cycling along side of me.

As a coach, I am not a personal trainer or a nutritionist.
What I DO is...

  • connect my clients to a variety of fun fitness programs created by today's top trainers based on my client's expressed goals, preferences, and time available for exercise
  • help clients meet their nutritional needs with meal plans and completely natural products developed by nutritionists and based on the most current scientific research 
  • provide resources, support, and accountability through hosting online challenge groups for FREE when clients use my company's products
I love my job because I get to share something that I love and I get to be a part of positive change in people's lives. My own fitness journey brings me so much joy and enriches every other area of my life and that journey is made even more fun by making friends and taking the journey together and cheering one another on. My clients challenge and inspire me to push further and fuel my body right even when I don't feel like it, and I have been so blessed by the feedback I have gotten in the short time since I have started fitness coaching regarding the impact it has had on other's lives.

Unprompted comments like these from my current 21 Day Fix Challenge Group:

"Thanks again for doing the challenge group. It's really having such an impact on my life and is different from anything I've ever tried before, and I never would have done it if you hadn't repeatedly exposed me to BeachBody videos."

"This program might be working...after a {terrible experience today} my first inclination was to go eat a ton of junk food to feel better but I didn't! Instead I chose to come home and have my Shakeology."

"I love that I'm not craving junk anymore! I tried on some dresses that used to be snug a month ago that are now fitting a lot better!"

It is not my desire to sell something to someone that they don't want or need. It is truly my heart to help people who DO want to improve their health and fitness and live their best life.

*Side note: You will not get pressure from me to buy something you can't afford! Our products are affordable, but if it is not in your budget, as a Financial Peace graduate, I totally respect that! So don't be afraid to ask me about our programs for fear that you will get a ruthless sales pitch. I want what is BEST for my friends and clients first. And being financially responsibly is definitely best for everyone! 

So, if you know that you could use to help finding a fitness program that...
  • Fits your personality and the type of workouts you enjoy
  • Is designed by industry-leading professional trainers
  • Provides proven results when done consistently
  • That you can do from home (or while you travel) on your own schedule
And/Or...
  • You could use some accountability and support to help you succeed at eating right and exercising
  • You could use help with a science-based, proven system for balancing your diet
  • You know you need better day-to-day nutrition
Then it would be my joy to journey along with you and to be able to help you define and reach your fitness and nutrition goals! 

Furthermore, if you share my passion for fitness, nutrition, and helping others, I would love to have a conversation with you about potentially joining my awesome team of like-minded fitness coaches! 

1 comment:

Natashalh said...

So slightly off topic, but since you mentioned FPU - I used to listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show almost every day and recently got my mom to start reading one of his books. More on topic - I think it's awesome that you're helping people and doing something you love! It's always nice to go to bed knowing you helped someone's day be a little brighter.