Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 8: A Vegan Mother's Day Treat!


Day 8: Southwest Corn, Chard, and Potato Soup

What a treat! First of all... hubby surprised me by cooking vegan for me tonight in honor of Mother's Day! Second of all... this recipe is deeeelicious! He did a couple modifications...

Used 5 small-medium red potatoes
Used a 14 oz can diced tomatoes
Used only 6 cups veggie broth

Vegan or Omnivore, this recipe is a keeper!


Motivation #4: In honor of mother's day... one of the reasons I wanted to do this experiment which involves eating more veggies and less processed food is because as a breastfed baby, Quinn eats what I eat and of course I only want the very best nutrition for my little guy! I also want him to grow up with healthy eating habits and that starts with what I cook. So learning to cook healthy and delicious food will hopefully go a long way to teach him to love those veggies. Bon Appetite little guy:)


No comments: