Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's New Year's Eve and it is my last night on the mainland. My sister keeps asking me how I am feeling, but it is hard to explain, it just seems normal to me, moving around and all. I think she is looking for more of an emotional reaction like "I'm going to miss it here" or "I'm scared" or "I can't wait!" And all of those things are true to some degree I suppose (well... I won't miss it here... just our friends and family!), but to me moving half way around the world doesn't seem that odd or like something to get all emotional over. Sure I am excited to discover a new place that is a little out of the ordinary compared to my East coast life, but I have so much to do when I get there I haven't really had time to think about laying on the beach soaking up the sun in paradise (although I plan to do my fair share of that!). Plus, I am one of those people that it just takes awhile for things to sink in. After I've been there for a couple months I'll probably realize "ok, I really live here..."

Anyway, enough of that... I really got on here to post a couple holiday pictures and wish everyone a happy and safe New Year!

This is the whole gang that went to Deep Creek with Sam's family in this tiny 6-lane bowling alley somewhere in Western Maryland. They drive and hour every year to go to this place because it is always so much fun. This was my and Sam's first year.
My family took us out to dinner at Sakura, this Japenese hibachi place when we got back from vacation with Sam's family. It was sooo yummy! There's nothing like good hibachi with good company!

I hope all of you are ringing in the New Year with loved ones. Sadly Sam is working (surprise, surprise), but I will be visiting some good friends and then spending the rest of the evening with my family and my doggies :-)

2 comments:

batsonfamily said...

jan and i want to come see you guys out there. we'll have to set something up. hope things are going well.

Brad

batsonfamily said...

not sure when, we'll have to check on jan's days off and plane tickets. not sure of the price of those..so how are things settling in there? have pics?

Brad