Monday, November 10, 2008

Update

I guess it is about time to update this!

Since I last wrote my parents came up to visit for my birthday weekend. We explored downtown Portsmouth and went on a tour of historic Strawberry Bank. However the highlight of the visit had to be me locking us out of the car when we went to a farm to walk the dogs. I thought the keys must have fallen out of my pocket while we were walking so we spent an hour retracing our steps all over the farm. Fortunately my dad had his cell phone in his pocket so I was able to call a friend to come pick us up and my apartment complex was able to let me back in my apartment to get my spare key. It turns out I had locked my keys in the car after all! Sam worked most of the time my parents were here but was able to get off Saturday night when my parents treated us to a delicious dinner at Riverworks, a delicious restaurant downtown in our little town.

This weekend Sam had Sunday off so after I worked at church in the morning we went to Boston for the afternoon. Before we even moved here I told him he had to take me to Boston before we left New England because I never planned to come back and I wanted to see it. So yesterday we went to Boston and took a walking tour of the Freedom Trail and went to Fenial Hall and Old North Church. And can I say... I am in love with Boston! It was a gorgeous day and we didn't even need coats. It is such a clean city with beautiful architechture and so much going on everywhere. Sam has the opportunity to go to MIT for grad school after he gets done with this sea tour in a couple years. So now I wouldn't mind that so much!

Sorry I haven't been good about pictures lately. I'll post a couple recent ones of the dogs to spice this post up a bit!

Bella picking raspberries at Apple Crest Farms

Winston hangin out with Sam

1 comment:

Matt and Brooke said...

Any chance you'll be in Chas for Dec 5 weekend? I miss you.