Monday, June 2, 2008

Dad's Birthday Party

My dad's 55th birthday was a week ago and my mom had a cookout for him. It was so fun getting together with family as it always is. Here are a few pics of the occasion.



My Dad had to cook his own dinner while my mom snuggled with Winston. Haha... to my mom's credit, she spent the previous two days preparing for the party and getting the porch ready for summer and guests.




My dad is at the point where his candles no longer represent his age... they represent years till retirement. He told my mom 11 more years. But... my mom only put 10 candles on there cos she is already ready for him to retire!

My mom did have a little help preparing for the party. I made the cake:) Spice cake with mocha icing... it's our family's favorite and it was yummy! All-in-all it was a great night. I was feeling pretty sad as I left the party because it was only a couple days till I would move to NH. I've never gotten emotional about leaving home before but I've so much enjoyed these few months being near family and reality is sinking in that I will probably never live so near them again and that is a sad thought. I am just glad that I have had this time while Sam has been gone to spend with some of my favorite people in the world... my family!

No comments: